The Columbus Area Community Foundation (CACF) invites you to participate in its first-ever Match Day on Tuesday, November 28, 2023. CACF has set aside $25,000 to match community gifts to CACF’s charitable funds. Each participating fund will receive a prorated match out of the match funds based on total donations received.
By participating in Match Day 2023 at the Columbus Area Community Foundation, you will help support local communities and the organizations that serve them! Keep reading to learn more!
Table of Contents
Match Day Basics
CACF is hosting Match Day on National Giving Tuesday, the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Match Day is an exciting fundraising opportunity that will help grow CACF’s many charitable funds. Funds participating in Match Day are:
- Barbara L. Thomas Library Fund
- Charles and Jane Maxwell Scholarship Fund
- Charles L. McColm American Legion Memorial Scholarship
- Class of 1986 Friendship Scholarship Fund
- Columbus 4th of July Celebration Fund
- Columbus Benevolent Fund
- Columbus Cares Scholarship Fund
- Columbus Community Fields Turf Fund
- Columbus Operating Fund
- Columbus Recreation Sports Complex Fund
- Columbus Sports Hall of Fame Fund
- Columbus Telephone Co. Technology Utilization Fund
- Crossland Family Fund
- CUHS Alumni Association Scholarship Fund
- Dorothy Tyler Jackson Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Lee O. Pearl Memorial Fund
- Maureen Paulsen Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Miss Columbus Scholarship Fund
- Nellie Hamilton Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Nontraditional Student Grant-in-Aid Fund
- Riverton Alumni Scholarship Fund
- Sandra B. Houser Memorial Scholarship Fund
- The Bill Hall Memorial Fund
- Veterans Memorial Fund
Calculating Match Amounts
Each participating fund is entitled to 100% of the donations made to it, plus a prorated match out of the $25,000 match pool. In other words, each fund will receive a portion of the $25,000 match pool that is proportionate to the fund’s share of community donations on Match Day.
For example, if a fund receives 10% of community contributions on Match Day, it will also receive 10% of the match pool, which is $2,500.
How You Can Give on Match Day
You can give on Match Day by:
- Delivering your donation to Commerce Bank in Columbus on or before November 28. You can bring your contribution, along with a completed CACF Match Day donation form (downloads PDF), to Commerce Bank in Columbus, 137 W. Maple St.
- Donate online on November 28. Starting on Monday, November 27, we’ll feature all the funds participating in Match Day on our donations page.
- Mail a check with a postmark of no later than November 29. You can mail your check to P.O. Box 323, Columbus, Kansas 66725. Be sure to include a completed CACF Match Day donation form (downloads PDF) so we can know which funds you’d like your donation to benefit.
Please make checks payable to Columbus Area Community Foundation. If you aren’t using a donation form (downloads PDF) with your check, please write the fund name(s) on the memo line.
Even More SEK Match Days
We aren’t the only ones hosting Match Day on November 28! Our friends at the Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas, Fort Scott Area Community Foundation, and Girard Area Community Foundation are each running their own Match Day fundraisers the same day! You can find links to all four SEK Match Day pages at SEKMatchDay.org.